Can anyone see events on my Calendar?
• No—at 4Thought Studios, protecting our users’ data is one of our core values. All of your calendar data stays on your phone. We don’t store it on our servers, and our app can only see that there is time blocked off for an event, but not what the event itself is.
Why do you need to access my location?
• We access your location to help you. We use it to calculate the closest events to you, as well as for analyzing overall user trends. We do not use it to analyze your behavior personally and do not store your location data.
How do you make sure my location information is secure?
• Any location data sent from your phone to our servers is encrypted and anonymized. It’s not stored with any personal identifier. In other words, we can see that an app user checked in at a specific place and time, but we cannot determine who that user is.
If the app is free and you don’t run ads, how do you make money? Am I going to be asked to pay for premium?
• Second question first: no—we do not use a pay-for-premium model. In the future, we will be charging businesses a monthly subscription for access to some extra features. These features include:
- analytics about overall user trends (never your personal information)
- the ability to post events immediately
- analytics about the effectiveness of their events
Do you sell personal information to 3rd party advertisers?
• Absolutely not.
Why are all the events in and around Detroit?
• As a company, we’re based in Detroit. Right now, that’s our focus market while we work out all the kinks in our product. We will be coming to more cities in the near future—stay tuned!